Moving abroad: everything you need to know
Although it may seem easy these days, moving to another country is more than just packing bags. You also have to take things into consideration like tax codes and residency restrictions. At Compas International Movers we are happy to help you with the entire burden of your removal.
Moving to another country
It is never been more accepted by society to live in a foreign country. Expatriates and diplomats are communicating and collaborating all over the world. Besides moving for a job, there are also people relocating abroad for love or to embrace new cultures. Relocating abroad allows you to start a new chapter, start a new lifestyle and meet interesting new people. Other than nomadic travelers, expats and diplomats mostly stay for a longer period of time in a new country. Which means they want their new accommodation to feel like home. At Compas we want you to feel comfortable at your new place, therefore we do everything to transfer your desired items safely abroad.
Our moving process
Made up your mind about transferring abroad? Great! Compas International Movers will be your partner during the whole process. Before we start, we would like to take you through our working method.
- Book a survey: you choose a date for the survey that fits. After that, you receive a booking confirmation and a link to download the app.
- Show us your items: via a remote video survey we can avoid physical contact and have a clear understanding of the items you want to move.
- Receive a quotation: after the survey we make up a transparent quote and send it to you. If something is not entirely clear, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Time to pack: Compas uses professional packing techniques like state of the art floor protection and wall cover to avoid damages during the removal. Everything moves safely with us, even valuable paintings, or delicate glass items.
- Transport: if everything is packed safely, it is time to move. We move your possessions abroad in the way that is best for you: via boat, airplane or truck. At destination, Compas will handle customs for you.
- Unpacking: we put every box in your new accommodation so you can start unpacking. Via our packing app we check if every item is moved correctly.
Customer centric approach
We look at every project individually and with the same attention. For example: we understand diplomatic removals are different and more complex than a typical expat move. We can provide guidance regarding special procedures and obtaining the documents that are necessary.